Did you know that life events like marriage, divorce and retirement may have a significant tax impact? We’ve put together a list of IRS resources to help you navigate a variety of life changes. Got questions? Feel free to call us at (210) 227-2800 and let us help you.
• Publication 971, Innocent Spouse Relief?
• Publication 555, Community Property?
Divorce or Separations
• Publication 504, Divorced or Separated Individuals
• Publication 555, Community Property
• Publication 3864, Tax Facts for Seniors with a Change in Marital Status
Job Loss or Starting a new Career or Job
• Publication 4128, Tax Impact of Job Loss
• Publication 463, Travel, Entertainment, Gift, and Car Expenses
• Publication 505, Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax
• Publication 525, Taxable and Nontaxable Income??
• Publication 529, Miscellaneous Deductions??
• Publication 531, Reporting Tip Income
• Publication 571, Tax-Sheltered Annuity Programs for Employees of Public Schools and Certain Tax-Exempt Organizations
• Publication 587, Business Use of Your Home (including use of home by Daycare Providers)
• Publication 919, How do I Adjust My Withholding??
• Publication 969, Medical Savings Accounts??
• Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
Persons with Disabilities
• Publication 3966, Taxpayers with Disabilities
• Publication 907, Tax Highlights for Persons with Disabilities
• Publication 524, Credit for the Elderly or Disabled
• Publication 502, Medical and Dental Expenses
Planning for Retirement?
• Publication 915, Social Security and Equivalent Railroad Retirement Benefits?
• Publication 554, Older Americans’ Tax Guide?
• Publication 590, Individual Retirement Account??
• Publication 575, Pension and Annuity Income?
• Publication 721, Tax Guide to U.S. Civil Service Retirement Benefits?